Child Support Attorney In Pasadena
Dedicated to Your Success with Establishing Fair Child Support Payments In Pasadena
SPECIAL NOTICE ON COVID-19 CHILD SUPPORT PROBLEMS:
During the pandemic, most people have lost income due to stay-at-home orders. Warning: Your child support continues even when the money does not. Protect yourself by modifying child support now - either by a written Stipulation with the other parent or by filing a Request for Orders (RFO) to establish a "filed date." Although the courts will not hear non-emergency requests during the pandemic, they will honor the "filed date" retroactively at later hearings.
If you need help with either a Stipulation or a Request for Orders, contact (Site:BusinessName) for experienced, competent, aggressive assistance. Either call us between 9 and 5 M/F or send us a confidential message using the block on this page - We will contact you within 24 hours.
California Child Support
At Gille Kaye Law Group, PC, we understand the difficulties in establishing or modifying child support. These difficulties are especially acute with complex financial issues such as establishing self-employment income, locating hidden income, or finding third-party income such as a trust.
When you must prove one of these types of issues to pay, receive, or modify fair support, you need the help of a Pasadena child support attorney.
We Solve Child Support Issues for Pasadena Families
When you have difficulties proving your income or the other parent's income, you need child support attorneys who fully understand the accounting complexities that makeup income proof. We will help you with such proof problems as an interpretation of profits and loss, taxation, deferred income, changes in income, net income of the small business person, and others. If you are required to pay child support, you mustn't be required to pay more than is reasonable under the law. If you are entitled to receive child support, you must be sure you are getting the full amount to which you are entitled.
We can help families through a range of child support matters, including:
- Determining fair child support based on all factors
- Investigating sources of income through discovery, subpoenas, forensic accountants
- Finding investment, trust, interest, self-employment, under-the-table, rental, royalty, and project income
- Negotiating child support agreements
- Modifying outdated child support orders
- Litigating initial and modified child support orders
What Is Child Support?
When one person makes substantially more income than the other, regardless of the percent of custody, the lower-income person may be entitled to child support under California state law.
Child support calculations can be simple if there is no disagreement about the gross incomes of the parties and a custodial parenting plan has already been established. In fact, many paternity lawsuits are filed by the parents themselves in such situations because California offers a free support calculator online.
For those with more complex income pictures, the investigation of such fine points as self-employment income, hidden income, unusual sources of income, hardship calculations, or whether a parent is working to his or her full capacity will complicate the amount of support paid or received and will require a Pasadena child support lawyer's help.
How is Child Support Determined in California?
Expenses considered when determining child support:
- Medical expenses
- Health insurance
- Daycare / nanny care
- Transportation costs
- School tuition
- Extra-curricular activities
- Home mortgage and property tax
- Other child support orders
How Can A Child Support Attorney In Pasadena Help Me?
Here are some ways that a child support attorney can help you:
- Setting Up Child Support: First and foremost, your attorney can help you set up child support. Your lawyer will be able to help you correctly calculate child support, with your and our children's best interests in mind.
- Modifying Child Support: If you need help modifying child support, your attorney will be able to assist and guide you. Your lawyer will be there to help answer any questions that you may have regarding child support modification.
- Collecting Evidence: Your attorney will effectively collect evidence to support your child support case.
- Representing You: It's important that you have an experienced and reputable lawyer to represent you if your case gets taken to court.
- Advising You: Your attorney will provide you with important legal information to ensure that your children's rights are thoroughly protected.
Interested in learning more about the many ways that a child support lawyer can help you? Contact our child support lawyers in Pasadena, CA today for more information!
Contact Gille Kaye Law Group, PC for a Consultation About Child Support Today: (626) 340-0955
Need financial assistance to help support your child but cannot easily prove the other person's income? Feel as though you are paying too much child support to the other parent? If so, rely on our extensive financial experience, and our use of evidence-based proof, to prepare your case for court. Ask us for an initial case evaluation so we may help you determine fair child support payments. Contact us today to discuss your case!
- How You Can Enforce Child Support Orders in Pasadena, California
- Can I Increase My Child Support Payments?
- How Does Child Support Enforcement Work in CA?
- What to Do When Child Support Is Not Being Paid